Lexington and Richland county artists may apply for Pop-Up Art Show and Sale
Deadline extended to November 17.
Lexington and Richland county artists are invited to apply for the inaugural North Columbia Pop Up Art Show and Sale taking place December 2. Sponsored by Woodforest National Bank and the S.C. Arts Commission’s ArtsGrowSC program, the event will feature high quality art and crafts, a live band, a swing dance, food and beverage trucks, and artist demonstrations.
Click here for more information on this unique opportunity.
Artist exhibitors can apply to showcase and sell their work, which must be the original work of the artist. $200 will be awarded to artists selected to participate. No commission will be taken from sales.
- When: Saturday, December 2
- Where: 3730 North Main Street, Ste. D, Columbia, SC 29203
- Time: 2 – 6 p.m. (Must be available for set-up beginning at 11 a.m.)
- Applications will be accepted between November 6 and 17.
- There is no entry fee!
Who is eligible?
Artists must reside in Richland or Lexington county and be 21 years of age or older.
What kind of arts products are eligible for the show and sale?
Items sold must be the original work of the submitting artist. Artists who create wearables, home-goods, visual and craft works, as well as other one-of-a-kind products may apply.
- Artists will be notified of their selection November 21.
- Artists must be present to set-up December 2 beginning at 11 a.m.
- Artists will be located indoors and provided with a 2 x 6 ft. table, two chairs, display space, wireless access, and electricity. More than one free standing pedestal, rack or display will be allowed only if space permits.
- All items must be priced for sale (prices must be visible and include taxes) and ready to be hung. Artists will be responsible for their own sales; no commission will be taken.
- 2D submissions: All work should be limited to 4ft x 4ft. If work is framed, include the frame in the measurement. Each piece must be ready to hang; no saw-tooth hangers or string will be accepted.
- 3D submissions: 3D pieces may be of any reasonable size, of a permanent medium and suitable for an environment with pedestrian foot traffic. If a pedestal, rack, or display is required, the artist must provide.
How to apply
Applications will be accepted online on Submittable between November 6 and 17. Go to the online application.
Applications must be received by midnight November 17.
Free workshop – DUE TO SCHEDULING CONFLICTS, THIS WORKSHOP HAS BEEN CANCELED
As part of this artist entrepreneurship activity, Woodforest National Bank will host a free workshop, Money Smarts for Small Business, for all artists who submit. The workshop will be held November 20 from 6- 7:30 p.m. at 3730 North Main Street, Ste. D, Columbia, SC 29203. You do not have to attend the workshop to be considered for the show and sale; however, it is highly recommended. Want to attend the workshop but not apply for the sale and show? Just email email@example.com.
Contact Joy Young or more information.