Hub E-vents: April 30
You want art. You crave art.
#SCartists and arts organizations want to fill that void.
They live for that. It’s a calling.
Yet in times of social distancing, that’s hard to do. Through the wonders of modern technology, many are trying and succeeding. So while we’re all staying home to protect vulnerable family, friends, and neighbors, The Hub is stepping up to fill the void between artists and arts lovers. (Learn more about Hub E-vents here.)
So this is it for April.
The Hub doesn’t know about you, but it felt only about half as long as March’s approximately 250 days. Progress! (Right?) Let’s dance into a new month, and get closer to returning to the people, places, and things we miss.
Here are some events for today. (Or anytime.)
- Zumba not cutting it for the serious dancers out there? How about an Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater masterclass instead? The renowned company posted a recorded livestream from a masterclass last September. You. Can. Do. This. (H/t to SCAC alumna Kate Fox for sharing via Facebook.)
- The real headline, though, is that today is International Jazz Day. Here’s a sampling of some events to enjoy! (All times Eastern.)
- 11 a.m. throughout the day: Don’t forget Skipp Pearson Jazz Foundation’s event (registration required)
- 4 p.m.: Some #SCartists appearing at Fest Bossa (Brazil)
- 7 p.m.: Cheraw Arts Commission + Cola Jazz 1: https://facebook.com/colajazz
- 7:01 p.m.: Charleston Jazz Orchestra “Songs of Love” concert: https://youtu.be/8UyQRCJetgQ
- 8 p.m.: Cheraw Arts Commission + Cola Jazz 2: https://facebook.com/cherawartscommission
Your event not here? Here’s a little more on how Hub E-vents works.