Help the SCAC provide equitable arts access in rural communities
Rural Arts Director position opens
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, January 28, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. ET
- COMPENSATION INFORMATION: $54,000-$58,000 / FT / State benefits
If you are a connector with rural roots, the SCAC would like to talk.
Today, the rural arts director position opened for applications. The person in this role provides leadership for activities related to building participation in the arts and strengthening rural communities through arts initiatives in South Carolina. They play a vital role in working with rural constituents, grantees, and organizations and provide consulting and assistance to counties or regions of the state.
A few things they can expect to do:
- create programming to serve rural communities and local rural arts organizations statewide
- advise, and facilitate, community meetings with stakeholders
- coordinate agency efforts to support arts-based, rural community development statewide
- serve as the SCAC’s liaison with the rural arts community, rural organizations, and artists
- provide consultative services for rural arts constituents and serve as a resource and advisor for rural agency programs
- assist with rural cultural planning, development of grant applications, budgeting, and program administration
- connect rural communities, people, places and economic opportunities via physical spaces or new relationships
Learn more about this position and apply from the jobs page at SouthCarolinaArts.com.