Greenville Symphony Orchestra seeks executive director
The Greenville Symphony Orchestra, located in Greenville, S.C., is searching for an executive director.
Key job responsibilities:
- Leadership & consensus building
- People management
- Strategic plan development and implementation
- Financial program development and fiscal management
- External relationship building
- Analytic problem identification and solution development
- Development of business plan (priority setting, execution and attainment)
- Decision making
- At least five years of managerial experience
- A bachelor’s degree or the equivalent
- Demonstrated capability in the organizational leadership/management and problem solving job responsibilities detailed above
- Appreciation or knowledge of classical music
The executive director reports directly to the chairman of the Greenville Symphony Board along with the music director. Salary and benefits are competitive with orchestras having comparable budgets.
For more information or to apply, contact board chairman Robert Nachman, Bnachman64@gmail.com. Application deadline is July 15, 2014.
About the Greenville Symphony Orchestra
The GSO is a leading arts organization in the Upstate of South Carolina (the Upstate being 10 counties centered primarily in Greenville). Greenville is a thriving and arts-friendly community approximately equidistant (within two hours) between Atlanta, Charlotte, Asheville and Columbia. A recent survey of philanthropic giving cited Greenville as in the top 20 most generous communities in the USA. The GSO is dedicated to providing educational and cultural opportunities for the citizens of the Upstate through the presentation of live orchestral music. The orchestra enriches lives, educates minds and encourages community support of the arts.
The GSO is a 76-member orchestra managed by a staff comprised of seven full-time and three part-time employees. The musicians are led by Maestro Edvard Tchivzhel, who is in his 16th year as Maestro of the GSO. The GSO performs primarily in a state-of-the-art venue at the Peace Center in downtown Greenville, which completed a $21.5 million renovation in 2012. The GSO has an annual budget of $2.1 million and is in solid financial condition with a loyal corporate and private patron base.
Via: Greenville Symphony Orchestra