SCAC Deadlines and Coaching Opportunities
Though not the only way, grants are among the main ways the SCAC accomplishes its work.
Because of their importance to that, and what they mean to so many of you, The Hub wants to help keep Arts Commission grants top-of-mind and reduce the number of times we hear people say, “If only we’d known about (X or Y) grant!”
We can’t reach everybody, but we can try. On Mondays*, “Grants Roundup” highlights:
- what grants are due that week and then includes what’s coming later in increments before
- providing a rundown on open grant opportunities and then
- upcoming grants coaching sessions.
*The Roundup might run on Tuesdays when state holidays occur on a Monday.
SCAC Grant Deadlines
The state of South Carolina and South Carolina Arts Commission fiscal year runs July 1-June 30 each year. We are currently in FY22.
These are to serve mainly as final reminders to finish in-progress applications. Most grant applications simply cannot be undertaken well in this short a time frame. Consult an appropriate member of our team with questions.
NEXT 30(ish) DAYS
OPEN ROLLING/MONTHLY DEADLINE GRANT APPLICATIONS
These grants offer convenient deadlines, but you are advised to apply at least six weeks before your project for some. Always consult the guidelines for specific instructions.
MORE OPEN GRANT APPLICATIONS
- Consult the SCAC grants page for up-to-date information on all grant deadlines (subject to change) and deadlines for non-grant programs.
- Always read the grant guidelines in full.
- For next steps, grant guidance, and more information, consult the appropriate member of our team if you are an artist or represent local organizations, an educational institution, or a non-arts business or organization offering arts programming.
Learn the ins and outs of the South Carolina Arts Commission grant application process and how to manage one of our grants from the professionals on the Grants Team and program directors! Monthly topical sessions are held the first Thursday of every month. Up next is…
- Thursday, Feb. 3, 11 a.m.: (URGENT – New grant requirement!) Moving from DUNS number to Unique Entity ID (SAM)
The free topical discussion is held via Zoom. Registration is required. Need to get some assistance with something else? Try a one-on-one call. The Grants Team is available to answer your questions about the grants process with 15- or 30-minute sessions, Tuesdays from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and Wednesdays from 2-4:30 p.m. Advance registration required. Visit the Grants Coaching page for further information and registration links.
OPEN COACHING CALLS FOR ARTIST GRANTS
Artist Services Director Ce Scott-Fitts and the SCAC Grants Team are using Zoom to host open coaching calls on artist development grants to better enable artists to make competitive applications for our competitive grants. The sessions are free, but you must register in advance.
APPLICANT COACHING CALLS
SCAC program directors are hosts of periodic informational sessions using Zoom about currently-available grant opportunities. Each session reviews a grant’s guidelines and application and includes a Q&A session. Sessions are free, but you must register in advance by visiting the link below to a grant’s guidelines page.