Grants Roundup: Deadlines for the Week of February 22
SCAC Deadlines and Coaching Opportunities
Though not the only way, grants are among the main ways the SCAC accomplishes its work.
Because of their importance to that, and what they mean to so many of you, The Hub wants to help keep Arts Commission grants top-of-mind and reduce the number of times we hear people say, “If only we’d known about (X or Y) grant!”
We can’t reach everybody, but we can try. On Mondays* with deadlines on the horizon, “Grants Roundup” highlights first what grants are due that week and then includes what’s coming later in increments.
*The Roundup might run on Tuesdays when state holidays occur on a Monday.
The state of South Carolina and South Carolina Arts Commission fiscal year runs July 1-June 30 each year. We are currently in FY21.
These are to serve mainly as final reminders to finish in-progress applications. Most grant applications simply cannot be undertaken well in this short a time frame. Consult an appropriate member of our team with questions.
- MARCH 1: Arts Project Support (last day to apply for assistance on projects taking place by/on June 30, 2021)
- MARCH 5: Arts Education Project and District Arts Support (also see Hub story here)
NEXT 30(ish) DAYS
- MARCH 15: Folklife & Traditional Arts
These grants offer convenient, rolling deadlines, but you are advised to apply at least six weeks before your project for some. Check guidelines for specific instructions.
- Accessibility Grants (FY21 funding deadline is April 20)
- Arts Project Support Grants (see note above)
- Arts Teacher Support Grants (formerly Teacher Standards Implementation Grants, FY21 funding deadline is April 3)
These S.C. Arts Commission rolling deadline grant programs are temporarily suspended to focus our efforts on supporting grantees during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Presenting and Performing Arts Initiative Grants(suspended for all of FY21)
- You are encouraged to also consult the SCAC grants page for up-to-date information on all grant deadlines (subject to change) and deadlines for non-grant programs.
- For next steps, grant guidance, and more information, consult the appropriate member of our team if you are an artist or represent local organizations, an educational institution, or a non-arts business or organization offering arts programming.
Learn the ins and outs of the South Carolina Arts Commission grant application process and how to manage one of our grants from the professionals on the Grants Team! Grants Coaching topical sessions are held the first Thursday of every month.
- Thursday, March 4, 11 a.m.: (change) Operating Support Final Payments
- Thursday, April 1, 11 a.m.: Filing Final Reports
The free topical discussion is held via Zoom. Registration is required. Need to get some assistance with something else? Try a one-on-one call. The Grants Team is available to answer your questions about the grants process with 15- or 30-minute sessions, Tuesdays from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and Wednesdays from 2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Visit the Grants Coaching page for further information and registration links.
OPEN COACHING CALLS FOR ARTIST DEVELOPMENT GRANTS
Artist Services Director Ce Scott-Fitts and the SCAC Grants Team are using Zoom to host open coaching calls on artist development grants to better enable artists to make competitive applications for our competitive grants. The sessions are free, but you must register in advance.
- Next call TBA
APPLICANT COACHING CALLS
SCAC program directors are hosts of periodic informational sessions using Zoom about currently-available grant opportunities. Each session reviews a grant’s guidelines and application and includes a Q&A session. Sessions are free, but you must register in advance by visiting the link below to a grant’s guidelines page.
- Arts in Basic Curriculum Grants Final Reports/Applicant Coaching: Thursday, April 1, 3;30 p.m.
The Grants Team will be joined by our Specialist for Arts Organizations & Education for an overview of the ABC Advancement Grant FY21 Final Report and FY22 grant application. Includes Q&A. Register for Zoom session by clicking here.