Gibbes Museum of Art seeking accounting manager
Work for a Governor’s Award-winner
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Tuesday, April 20, 2021
The Hub is not sure what’s in the water between the Ashley and the Cooper, but today is—at least unofficially—Charleston arts jobs day here. The latest comes from our friends (and yes, grantees) at the Gibbes Museum of Art. Check it out, and stay tuned for one more post today about arts jobs. – Ed.
The accounting manager is responsible for performing highly specialized non-profit accounting work required to maintain the institution’s general ledger. Working under the direction of the CFO-Director of Finance, Administration & Operations, the accounting manager manages the daily activities of the accounting functions to record the revenues, expenditures, assets, and liabilities of the Gibbes Museum quickly and accurately. Should be a highly motivated self-starter and detail oriented. The position is also responsible for assisting the CFO in the annual financials and audit through our 3rd party audit firm.
Major responsibilities and duties
- Manages the daily accounting activities required to maintain the general ledger. Work includes, but not limited to, check runs, accounts receivable, payroll, accounts payable transactions, recording of revenue and expenses, and etc.
- Payroll Processing: Bi-monthly processing utilizing ADP, maintenance of leave and time reporting.
- Maintains organized GL, set of detailed records & files of financial transactions.
- Reviews general ledger balances monthly to ensure accuracy of posting.
- Makes and implements recommendations to improve accounting processes and procedures. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Shopify reporting, deposits and reconciliations with store coordinator.
The Gibbes, in conformity with applicable laws is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, or disability.