Get ready to disrupt, generate, and innovate
Annual creative placemaking summit to go virtual in ’21
- SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE: Friday, January 15, 2021, 5 p.m. ET
- EARLY-BIRD DEADLINE: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 11:59 p.m. ET
The Creative Placemaking Leadership Summit is an annual gathering of arts workers, community leaders, and other stakeholders exploring how the arts can make Southern communities more inclusive, connected, and resilient.
Co-presented by South Arts, a key partner of the South Carolina Arts Commission (SCAC), and the National Consortium for Creative Placemaking (NCCP), the Creative Placemaking Leadership Summit: South is an annual gathering that explores how arts and cultural programming can be forces for connection and community resilience throughout the southeastern United States.
In the image above, Lottie Lewis and her team show creative placemaking in action as part of the Art of Community: Rural SC initiative of the SCAC.
Next year’s conference will be all-virtual from Feb. 23-24, with outstanding content and some great digital features for networking, breakout sessions and workshops on the following topics:
- Access and support for rural and under-resourced communities
- Addressing systemic and personal racism
- Equitable procurement practices for artists and arts organizations
- Funding and financial sustainability of creative placemaking initiatives
- Helping communities recover economically
- Improving mental or physical health in communities
- Surfacing and empowering creativity in communities
- Supporting artists and other creative professionals
- And more
More about the 2021 event: As our communities become more diverse, they may also become more divided. Creative placemaking provides ways to build bridges across these differences in hopes of more inclusive, connected, and resilient places. Join us as we explore how arts and cultural programming can bring people closer together. Learn more about it all right here.
Get early-bird pricing of $150/person until Wednesday, Feb. 10, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Afterward, the price goes to $200/person.
Limited scholarships available
South Arts is once again offering scholarships which will cover the full cost of registration, and we encourage teams of two or more creative placemakers from each community. Find out about scholarships and apply for them here. The deadline to apply for scholarships is 5 p.m. ET on Friday, Jan. 15, 2021.
If you have attended this conference before, you know how valuable and inspiring it can be.