FMU Gately Gallery seeking new gallery coordinator
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, June 1, 2022 (tentative)
Francis Marion University invites applications for a gallery coordinator of the Steven F. Gately Gallery.
The successful candidate will work under the supervision of the Director of the Francis Marion University Performing Arts Center.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating, preparing, documenting, and installing art exhibits within the facility.
- Scheduling the use of various spaces, and supervising gallery use for openings and event rentals. The Gallery Coordinator is present on most occasions that the gallery space is open to the public; requiring schedule flexibility, including some nights and weekends.
- Serves as a primary liaison with other building tenants. The Gallery Coordinator will be utilized for special projects and events at the FMU Performing Arts Center as needed.
- The Gallery Coordinator facilitates timely oral and written communication between the gallery and patrons, coworkers, community members, and supervisors.
- Records details of events with individuals using and visiting the facility. Supervises students, volunteers, and part-time positions involved in gallery and other spaces as required.
- Represents the gallery space and Francis Marion University in a positive, professional manner.
Please visit our website for more information and to complete and to download an application.
Expected closing date: June 1.