Florence Regional Arts Alliance presents annual awards
- John W. Baker Distinguished Service Award: Julian Young, Florence Men’s Choral Society
The John W. Baker Distinguished Service Award recognizes an individual from Florence County who has significantly impacted the quality of life in the community through his/her activities, contributions, and/or accomplishments in the arts.
- Business & Arts Partnership Award: The Clay Pot
The Business and Arts Partnership Award recognizes a Florence County business for its vital commitment to the arts as evidence by operational and/or project support provided on a substantial and ongoing basis.
- Outstanding Arts Organization Award: Lake City Partnership Council
This award is presented annually to the Florence County arts organization that has a tremendous impact on the community. This may be through programming, projects, resource development, advocacy or other innovation.
- The Greg Fry Educator of the Year Award: Wanda Hanna, art teacher at South Florence High School (new for 2014)
This award will be presented annually to an educator who either resides or works in Florence County. Public and private schools educators are eligible for this award, as well as individuals in higher education and those who teach through registered 501(c)(3) arts organizations.
- The Frank Crow Award: Desiree Overby
The Frank Crow Award, named for the former director of the Florence Regional Arts Alliance, is presented annually to an FRAA board member, staff member or volunteer who has had a tremendous impact on the organization.
For more information about the Florence Regional Arts Alliance’s Awards Program, contact Uschi Jeffcoat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Via: Florence Regional Arts Alliance