Fine craft makers – enter the Made in the South Awards
Garden & Gun Magazine is accepting entries for the 2014 Made in the South Awards contest. The competition encourages craft makers from around the South to submit items that are noteworthy and exceptional in the categories of food, drink, outdoors, style & design or home. Deadline to enter is August 1, 2014.
Garden and Gun’s editors and a panel of expert judges will select one winning entry and several honorable mentions in each category. Their stories will appear in the Made in the South Awards feature article in the December 2014/January 2015 issue of the magazine. The overall winner will receive a $10,000 grand prize.
South Carolina artists have fared well as winners or runners-up in previous competitions. In 2011, Williams Knife Company of Greenville was the overall winner.
Other South Carolina artists recognized in previous competitions:
- Moran Woodworked Furniture of Charleston (winner, home)
- Red Forgeworks of Timmonsville (winner, outdoor)
- Dangerfield Calls of Orangeburg (runner-up, outdoor)
- Christina Jervey Jewelry of Mt. Pleasant (runner-up, style & design)
- Kaminer Haislip of Charleston (runner-up, home)
Image: Charred commode, Moran Woodworked Furniture. Photo by Tara Donne.
Via: Garden & Gun Magazine