Reporting to and in partnership with the executive director, the director of development and communications will spearhead these efforts as Engaging Creative Minds continues to grow. A new position in the organization, the director of development and communications will have the opportunity to build on our current efforts in public relations, brand awareness and fund acquisition and management.
- Develop and execute ECM’s strategy for annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations to reach/surpass fundraising goals set by ECM’s board of directors
- Manage the implementation of fundraising software and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors and school districts
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Develop and manage special events
- Create and secure sponsorship packages
- Develop and track proposals, donations and reports for all foundation and corporate gifts
- Assist in preparation and management of annual organizational budget
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- Five-plus years experience in nonprofit development
- Expert knowledge of fundraising techniques
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising software
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information/situations and solve problems
- Ability to handle sensitive information discreetly and maintain confidentiality
- Excellent project management skills to organize and manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously; must be able to work independently and collaboratively, and adapt to changing priorities
- Knowledge and interest in arts education
- Experience in and ability to assist director of operations with recruiting and management of volunteer staff
Email letter of interest with salary requirements and resume to Robin@engagingcreativeminds.org.
Job will be posted until filled.