Development/operations position open in Lancaster
The Lancaster County Council of the Arts is seeking a development & operations administrator.
Excellent learning and growth opportunity for a development and operations professional in established nonprofit organization in Lancaster, S.C. The position is 20-25 hours per week initially but will expand as development initiatives are realized. Successful applicant will have proven experience in grant-writing and reporting; development strategies to ensure long-term stability and growth; excellent research and communication skills. Candidate will work closely with executive director to manage operations to enrich the quality of life in Lancaster by building a vibrant community connecting the arts, culture and economic vitality. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in similar role required. No phone calls, please.
Send cover letter, resume, and references by May 25 to:
Lancaster County Council of the Arts
PO Box 613
Lancaster, S.C. 29721
The development & operations administrator will report to the executive director, assisting with resource development, organizational management, program oversight, and advocacy initiatives. This position will work closely with the executive director to achieve the organizational and development goals set forth in the strategic plan. Incumbent must believe in our core values and be driven by the LCCA mission and a commitment to quality, performance and outcomes.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Expand current development program, identifying additional resources; grant applications and reporting; donor cultivation and stewardship and other development initiatives as assigned
- Provide support and integration of operations and programming to adhere to the strategic plan, mission and budget
- Implement and maintain donor management system; publish accurate donor reports as needed
- Work closely with Executive Director on programmatic and operational plan and provide leadership in development area and community initiatives
- Excellent (written and verbal) communicator who creates and nurtures an interconnection in the community with corporate sponsors, business and education partners, foundations, artists, patrons, staff
- Demonstrated grant-writing and research skills
- Experience in relevant development strategies for a small non profit
- Critical thinking skills for the ability to make recommendations to maximize resources for efficient operations
- Ability to interact with members, staff, guests in fast-paced environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient
- Belief in the value of the arts and a healthy, vibrant community and proven commitment to ‘arts for all’ mission
- Demonstrated computer literacy, and working knowledge of current technology
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in similar role