Columbia City Ballet, located at 1545 Main St. in Columbia, is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit performing arts organization presenting productions throughout South Carolina and the United States.
Founded in 1961, Columbia City Ballet is presently celebrating its 62nd anniversary year of continuous performance seasons. A fully professional ballet company, Columbia City Ballet presents four to five mainstage full-length ballets each performance season and 2 productions from our acclaimed Educational Outreach & Engagement Series, along with maintaining an extensive touring calendar.
The 2022/2023 performance season will commence Oct. 1, 2022, and conclude April 17, 2023, resulting in artists contracts ranging between 25-28 weeks.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 1, 2022
CCB is currently seeking dancers for all positions within the ballet company including principals, soloists, and corps de ballet.
We are actively seeking male dancers who are 5’11” or taller and female dancers between 5’1” and 5’6”. The company’s repertoire is classically focused; therefore, all female dance artists must have strong pointe work. All dancers must be citizens of the United States or have a current work visa to audition.
- Previous ballet company experience preferred.
- Proficiency in classical ballet.
- Relocation is required if outside South Carolina.
Procedure for applying
Qualified candidates should e-mail a current resume, headshot, and digital performance footage. Performance footage must include classical ballet movement. Please submit resumes, headshots, and digital information to both Executive Director William Starrett at WStarrett@ColumbiaCityBallet.Com, and Kathryn Heaton at KHeaton@ColumbiaCityBallet.Com. Deadline for applications is July 1, 2022. For more information about Columbia City Ballet, visit www.ColumbiaCityBallet.Com.
Like ballet but prefer something a little less physically strenuous? CCB is seeking an administrative assistant with supervisory experience for the 2022/2023 performance season.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in all areas of administrative support with special emphasis on Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and Outlook and a creative problem solver with at least three (3) years of professional experience and capable of supervising 20 or more employees. Exemplary organizational and communication skills are required.
- This key position reports directly to the executive & artistic director and has responsibility for working closely with the artistic staff in preparing daily schedules, supervising dance company artists, and coordinating performance venue logistics.
- Supervises company artists in theater and rehearsal venues. Attends all performances both locally and on tours. Presence is required any time the company or an ensemble of the company perform in any venue or context.
- Coordinates rehearsals, supervision, and safety of children appearing as “guests” in Columbia City Ballet productions.
- Coordinates venue contracts, guest artist contracts, and fee for service performances in collaboration with both the executive and finance directors. Schedules dressing rooms, rehearsal spaces, etc.
- Makes travel and meal arrangements for tours.
- Manages the backstage area at all performance venues.
- Liaison between the company of dance artists and the artistic director.
- Previous supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Outstanding written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, and other common office software.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and strongly detail oriented.
- Ability to work collaboratively with community partners, the board of directors and staff.
A bachelor’s degree or acceptable combination of education and professional experience is required. Salary is negotiable, commensurate with experience.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and professional references to:
- William Starrett
Executive & Artistic Director
Columbia City Ballet
1545 Main Street
Columbia, SC 29201
Or via email to: WStarrett@ColumbiaCityBallet.Com.