Comics + hip-hop = Cola-Con!
Cola-Con – the nation’s only comic and hip-hop convention – is back for a third year, scheduled for Oct. 25-26 at the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center. Part festival, part “con,” this family-friendly, two-day confluence of hip-hop and alternative culture features live concerts by top national hip-hop artists, as well as comics vendors from as far away as New York, Chicago and Minneapolis.
- Steve Epting: artist, Marvel Comics
- Carl Jones: producer, THE BOONDOCKS
- Matt Bors: artist, WAR IS BORING
- Ed Piskor: artist, HIP HOP FAMILY TREE
- Blue Delliquanti: artist and writer, O HUMAN STAR
- Eric Darnes: colorist
- Dre & Sammy Lopez: artists, Piensa Art Company
- Sanford Greene: artist, ARMY OF FROGS
- John Pading & Shige Kobayashi: artist and writer, PRINCESS CALABRETTA
- David Axe: writer, WAR IS BORING
- Afua Richardson: artist, illustrator
- Jeremy Love: artist, BAYOU
- Keith Miller & Chuck Thomas: artist, Tri-Boro Tales
- Ronald Wimberly: artist, PRINCE OF CATS, Black Dynamite Animated Series
Tickets are $20 for one day and $30 for a two-day pass. Buy tickets online here: http://www.cola-con.com/ Tickets will also be for sale at the door.
Via: Cola-Con, Charleston City Paper