Children’s Theatre Foundation seeks nominations for theatre educator award
The Children’s Theatre Foundation of America seeks nominations for the 2014 Reba R. Robertson award, which honors excellence in the work of public high school theatre/drama teachers throughout the United States. Nominations are due Jan. 17, 2014.
The Reba R. Robertson Award features:
- $4,000 to the honoree to use as he/she chooses for the purpose of expanding professional interests (for example: study with a master mentor, travel, research, develop learning tools)
- $900 to the honoree’s school to enhance the high school theatre/drama program
- Two distinctive trophies, one for the honoree and one for the honoree’s school
- Transportation expenses up to $400 for the recipient to travel to the CTFA Medallion Awards Event
- Two tickets to the CTFA Medallion Event
Candidates must meet these general criteria:
- Be a mid-career level public high school teacher and anticipate serving at least 10 additional years in the profession
- Be dedicated to guiding students through curricular, co-curricular, and/or extracurricular programming in the theatre arts
- Personify mentoring qualities
- Demonstrate artistic achievement and artistic excellence
- Demonstrate broad influence on school, community, state, region and beyond, as exhibited by the award’s namesake, Reba. R. Robinson
- Will use the award to gain new experiences and grow as a theatre educator
All nominations must be submitted via e-mail to MCasmir@q.com and received no later than January 17, 2014.
The nomination must include three items:
- A brief description of the relationship between the nominator and the nominee
- Nominee’s name and email address
- A brief rationale for the nomination, with particular attention to the criteria listed above
Self-nominations are not accepted.
Once a nomination has been received, the selection committee will contact the nominee with information about the required application materials.
The 2014 Reba R. Robertson Award will be presented Aug. 1, in Denver, Colorado, at the CTFA Medallion event, held as a part of the annual conference of the American Alliance for Theatre and Education.
For more information, visit the Children’s Theatre Foundation of America website.
Via: Children’s Theatre Foundation of America