(Ed. note: An application deadline was not provided.)
The executive director position is the key management leader of Chicora Voices’ operations and strategic execution. He/she is responsible for overseeing fundraising efforts, community outreach and marketing, and organizational administration. This role reports to the Chicora Voices’ Board of Directors.
Roles and Responsibilities
Chicora Voices Executive Director is responsible for several core functions. They include the following:
Financial Performance – Fundraising (40%)
The Executive Director develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization through fundraising efforts. He/she helps identify and cultivate prospective donors, ensures that a fundraising committee has adequate resources and support, leads any available grant writing, asks for contributions, and thanks donors for contributing.
Organizational Operations (35%)
The Executive Director oversees and executes all required administrative tasks, including but not limited to recruiting new members and maintaining the membership database, creating and disseminating all internal communications, managing the scholarship program, and overseeing the financial ledgers.
Community Outreach and Marketing (20%)
The Executive Director is the face of Chicora Voices throughout the community, presenting information about the organization when needed. He/she works with all social media outlets to promote the Chicora Voices image and community recognition, creates external marketing materials, and uses available marketing funds to promote Chicora Voices events and auditions with local publications.
Board of Directors Responsibilities (5%)
The Executive Director reports directly to the Chicora Voices Board of Directors. He/she is responsible for supporting the organization’s mission as set by the board, as well as communicating effectively, providing all information necessary for the board to function properly and make informed decisions.
Applicants are required to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies, specific to non-profit and arts organizations
- Ability to work independently, as well as engage volunteer and donor groups
- Strong written communication, oral communication, and presentation skills
Applicants are preferred to have:
- Previous experience in choral music or the arts, ideally on a Board of Directors
- Three or more years of non-profit management experience
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Ability to work an average of 20 hours per week
The current salary range offered to this position is between $15,000-$25,000 based on level of experience and demonstration of skills.
Please note: the Executive Director is ultimately responsible for supporting his/her own compensation based on fundraising and operations success, and the amount can be adjusted at the discretion of the Board of Directors based on execution of tasks and overall budget growth.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a letter of introduction and their resume to email@example.com.
Chicora Voices is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Chicora Voices’ Mission Statement
The mission of Chicora Voices is to provide a premier choral experience for young people of Greenville and the surrounding communities. These are our goals as we work to accomplish our mission:
- Provide high quality musical training in the choral setting that promotes music literacy and healthy singing habits
- Achieve artistic excellence in musical performances
- Develop self-discipline in an environment promoting mutual respect
- Promote a lifelong appreciation and enjoyment of choral music
- Provide need-based scholarships to deserving students