The Charleston Regional Alliance for the Arts is seeking a director of operations and resource development. The ideal candidate will have experience in nonprofit development, including fundraising. relationship building, and marketing. The DORD will be adept at managing everything from day-to-day operational tasks to long-term strategy planning. The Arts Alliance works with more than 85 arts nonprofits in the Lowcountry, helping with everything from business development to advocacy to granting. The ideal candidate will be diligent and precise, accurate and reliable, and willing to take on new challenges and initiatives. Outside-the-box thinking is encouraged. At the Arts Alliance, we build on previous successes, but we also look for new and exciting ways to try things. “Because we’ve always done it that way” isn’t the way we do it. A love and passion for the arts is a good thing to have for this position, but it’s also a good thing to have in life, so we’re just going to assume those applying already have that.
The DORD will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Alliance and will implement long-term development strategies to build relationships and fundraising avenues. Development duties include marketing, fundraising, and partner building. The DORD will also develop the monthly business development workshops and serve as primary liaison between the Alliance and its members and community partners.
- Working closely with the executive director, builds and maintains donor relations with corporate, small business, and individual donors
- Develops workshop sponsorships and partnerships
- Works with the executive director to plan and implement fundraising campaigns
- Manages administration of the Alliance office
- Maintains Alliance databases, including board, donors, sponsors, and potential partners
- Maintains fiscal sponsorship relationships and accounts
- Working in tandem with executive director, produces and distributes e-newsletter
- Coordinates and manages social media platforms and website content and design
- Oversees www.artscharleston.org calendar and related databases
- Produces and develops marketing and branding materials
- Working with the executive director develops and implements monthly professional development workshops for Alliance member organizations
- Coordinates and manages annual OPEN Arts Expo
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Executive Director Mike Gibbons at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.