Help brighten up new retirement community
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Monday, July 19, 2021
Art Expressions invites artists to submit work for consideration for a retirement community located in the Charleston area that offers independent living, assisted living, skilled/nursing care, and memory care. Please review the guidelines and submission instructions below.
The following types of artwork will be considered:
- Wall-mounted sculpture (ceramic, acrylic, wood, metal, glass) – cannot project off wall more than 4”
- Outdoor sculpture – freestanding something that is suitable for a courtyard.
- Reflective of the local vernacular including the low country, coastal, and marsh environments
- Avoid cliché/touristy beach themed pieces
- Nature-based abstraction
- Non-figurative and figurative will be considered
- Conveys positivity
- Joyful & uplifting
- Community oriented
- Avoid red and black in concentrated amounts
- Artists must include their current location or hometown. This is a local sculptural open call for indoor and outdoor artworks. We are seeking artists within the states of South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, and Florida.
- Artist must be able to ship or deliver the artwork. We will discuss logistics once we have selected the art with our client.
- All art will be reviewed by Art Expressions for project suitability, and we reserve the right to accept or reject any submission at our discretion.
- Please include a brief written description for each piece submitted.
- If an artist does not currently have a piece that fits the size of these locations, they can provide examples of their work and state that they are available for commission requests.
- Project install for indoor sculpture estimated for December 2021, outdoor sculpture estimated for an early spring 2022 install.
How to Submit
Please visit https://artist.callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.php?ID=7856 to apply