Chapman Cultural Center in Spartanburg seeks marketing & communications manager
Reporting directly to the president/CEO, the marketing and communications manager will manage all aspects of marketing, communications and promotions for Chapman Cultural Center. Candidate must be versed in traditional and digital marketing strategy, media planning, event planning, budget management, and graphic design principles. He/she will be responsible for creating marketing strategies that will continue to build CCC’s brand leading to increased awareness, participation, loyalty and attracting new donors and customers.
Description of work / primary job factors
- Develop and execute a comprehensive annual marketing and communications plan that maximizes on our 50 years of providing cultural leadership and inspires increased participation in arts and culture in a culturally vibrant community
- Utilize competitive research and analysis for insights into campaign development and regional and national market trends to develop innovative marketing strategies
- Create and curate content for brand positioning in visitor packets, presentations and advertising
- Enhance public awareness of CCC through increased media coverage at the local, regional, state and national level.
- Plan and execute earned media and promotions to support CCC; develop relationships with key media and manage media contact lists
- Create and deliver content for press releases, media relations, case studies, executive bios, corporate newsletters, social media, etc
- Leverage CCC awards and impact to encourage increased investment
- Collaborate with CCC team and cultural partners to insure relevant and fresh content for website and social media channels.
- Establish, drive and assess the impact of existing communications vehicles and look at consolidating, strengthening or establishing new channels including:
- Direct mail
- Targeted digital narketing/social media
- Print and TV
- Content marketing (blogs, PR)
- CCC website
- Seek in-kind support in marketing and promotional efforts
- Manage vendor relationships, contracts/scope of work to meet project deadlines, budget and expectations
- Ongoing recruitment and management of marketing interns and volunteers
Compensation: $45–60k; commensurate with experience.
The complete job description, list of qualifications and application instructions are available online.