Save the date!
The South Carolina Arts Commission invites session proposals for the 2017 Statewide Arts Conference scheduled for Sept. 14 – 15 at the South Carolina State Museum in Columbia. The conference, a featured event on the Arts Commission’s 50th Anniversary calendar, kicks off Thursday, Sept. 14 with an evening plenary and reception and continues Friday, Sept. 15 with a full day of sessions. Conference registration opens in July.
Call for proposals
Theme: No Time Like the Future
Fifty years? Where did the time go? Half a century can fly by when you’re busy making your state a thriving place for the arts. Reminiscing upon the past can be a pleasant diversion, but preparing for the future requires action. So after celebrating our accomplishments, it’s time to move forward…focused. It’s time for our next 50 years.
Do you have knowledge or expertise to share with South Carolina’s network of arts leaders, educators, artists, and supporters around these broad categories?
- FORWARD – Have you overhauled an older arts program, restructured your governance, or redesigned your website with an eye toward moving your organization forward?
- FOCUSED – Are you focused on harnessing today’s rapid pace of technology and/or change to impact your organization or community through the arts?
- FUTURE – Are you already out there, gearing up for the Next Big Thing in the Arts, waiting for the rest of us to arrive?
- Arts educators
- Arts leaders/executives
- Board members
- Community members
- Board development/governance
- Communications and promotion
- Creating a thriving arts environment
- Creative placemaking
- Economic development
- Executive transition and succession planning
- Future trends
- New business models
- Next generation of emerging arts leaders
- Program evaluation and assessment
- Rural arts
- Strategic planning
Proposals will be evaluated according to these guidelines:
- Proposals submitted by Friday, June 16, 2017 will be given priority consideration. Final deadline is Friday June 30, 2017.
- Proposal reflects the theme of the conference and should serve to advance the mission of S.C. Arts Commission.
- Proposal is fully developed with the subject, format, and substance of the discussion, workshop, or presentation.
- Proposal offers innovative modes of thinking, diverse and broad perspectives, and a concrete demonstration of the benefits to participants.
- Proposal is not commercial in nature.
- Qualifications of presenter(s).
Find out more and submit your proposal online.