Arts Council of York County hiring artistic director / facilities manager
The Arts Council of York County is seeking a new artistic director/facilities manager.
Main Stage Series at the Community Performance Center
- Research, negotiate and book performers (4-6 shows from September to May).
- Contract negotiations with Agents including routing, scheduling.
- Secure professional sound and lighting as necessary. Manage Transport, Hospitality/Accommodations of performers; Work with artists to include master classes/ outreach activities at universities and schools.
- Plan, implement and direct all activities involving performances, stage, stage equipment and event-related operations.
- Manage load-in and house performances. Act as house manager and develop a list of volunteers who can help with these tasks.
- Assist with marketing and promotion of performances by providing design information for fliers, new releases to marketing department.
- Arrange and conduct interviews with media and artists.
- Seek new programming opportunities and rentals to fill unused calendar days.
- Attend designated booking conferences, board meetings as required (i.e., PAE, Arts Market).
- Assist with identification, cultivation and solicitation of individual and corporate prospects, donors and specific program sponsors.
- Prepare correspondence and corporate sponsor proposals, assisted by marketing department. Conduct face-to-face solicitations along with executive director or board members.
- Coordinate use of CPC through maintaining online master calendar of events for resident tenants and additional daily rentals, touring groups or booking agents. Schedule and manage daily operations and internal processes of the CPC.
- Maintain uniform ACYC rental policies and procedures at the CPC.
- Compile status and variance reports, artist contracts, tech riders, purchase orders, check requests and other related data for analysis, accounting and tracking purposes.
Williams & Fudge Gallery
- Solicit artists with assistance from ACYC staff, handle correspondence with artist, coordinate dates/times for artist to hang and remove work during regular business hours.
- Meet with the gallery committee to identify possible artists.
Work with marketing and event staff to provide needed information, photos, media needs This opportunity is designed to build capacity and audiences to prove the concept that York County can support a larger performing arts facility in the next 5-7 years.
Flexible hours including evenings and weekends on performance nights.
Via: Arts Council of York County