The Artists’ Guild of Spartanburg is accepting applications for a part-time executive director.
Job purpose: The executive director’s position is at the heart of Guild activities and is paramount to the successful implementation of the organization’s mission of supporting local artists and advancing visual art in the community. This is a highly visible position with many functions and tasks.
Reports to: Four-person executive committee
Duties and responsibilities:
1) With the appropriate committee or officer conduct official correspondence of the Guild.
2) Maintain all records and documents.
3) With the president and treasurer, assist in revenue receipts for art sales, expense tracking, annual financial budget, year-end IRS and state filing.
4) Promote active and broad participation by members in all areas of the Guild’s work projects.
5) Assist the various committees in developing strategies and plans.
6) Establish and maintain cooperative and working relationships with members of the community and partners of the Chapman Cultural Center.
7) Manage the Guild Art Gallery in the Chapman Center and with committees organize monthly art shows and Annual Juried Show.
8) Manage with committee all development activities, including the Guild annual fundraising plan, grant writing, grant applications, membership drives, fundraising events and mailings.
9) Apply and write grant funding applications. Search out grant opportunities. Such funding will be through city, county, state and private organizations. Submit necessary documentation to respective entities on timely basis.
10) Cultivate and steward donors and identify new donor resources. Maintain a diverse donor base of individuals, businesses, foundations and government.
11) Manage marketing activities, including the Guild website, Guild newsletter, advertising, event and gallery opening announcements, mailing lists, and membership lists.
12) Prepare Guild monthly trustee meeting agenda and report on past month activities and actions of the executive director.
- Experience in art gallery management essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communications as well as professional manner required.
- Prior office administration experience and database record keeping required.
- Ability to work with all members of the community both artistic and public.
- The executive director will have office facilities within the Chapman Cultural Center with a laptop computer and cell phone provided. The Chapman Center provides a variety of resources including copying, mailing, postage, and marketing support.
- The Artists’ Guild uses Constant Contact, DonorPerfect software and Square One and PayPal for sale of art, event tickets, and membership dues.
- Some evening and weekend work.
- This is a part-time job, 20 hours per week, limited time off. Employee will be a contract employee.
- Employee is paid bimonthly and given an IRS 1099 at year end reflection income earned.
Apply to: The Artists’ Guild of Spartanburg, 200 East St. John Street, Spartanburg, SC 29306
Mark your application/resume: ATTENTION GUILD PRESIDENT
Via: Artists’ Guild of Spartanburg