On November 15-17, 2013, the South Carolina Arts Commission’s Artists’ Ventures Initiative will host the Artists U/SC Intensive in downtown Charleston, S.C. (exact location TBA).
Drawing on his work with Artists U Philadelphia, artist leader Andrew Simonet will outline approaches for reconnecting with our deep values, building community, and slaying the two demons of the artist’s life: time and money. Topics to be discussed:
- Why artists are poor and why they shouldn’t be
- Tools artists have used to make things easier
- How to build a life that is balanced, productive and sustainable
Artists U’s Charleston, S.C. leaders, Karen Ann Myers and Rodney Rogers, will join Andrew in leading workshops and exercises he has developed over eight years of working with artists nationally.
How to apply
- Any South Carolina artist may apply to attend.
- There is no cost, but class size is limited.
- You must be able to attend both sessions: Friday, Nov. 15 from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. AND Saturday, Nov. 16 from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Before you apply, please make sure that you are available on Friday, Nov. 15 from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. and on Saturday, Nov. 16 from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Also be aware that if you are traveling from out of town, you will be responsible for your own lodging and transportation expenses. The weekend intensive is free and light meals will be provided.
Complete this online application to apply.
Applications are due Friday, September 13, 2013.
If you have any questions about this application or the Artists U/SC Intensive weekend, please contact Joy Young, (803) 734-8203.
Visit the South Carolina Arts Commission’s website for more information about the S.C. Artists’ Ventures Initiative.