APPLICATION DEADLINE: Tuesday, January 31, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. PT
The Craft Council of BC presents the 10th year of The Earring Show, an annual fundraiser, juried exhibition, and sales opportunity for makers to showcase wearable art in a host of mediums.
Click image to enlarge.
Applications are being accepted for the 2023 iteration, to be held starting May 4, 2023.
Starting as a local fundraiser, The Earring Show has grown each year, first accepting artists throughout North America and now accepting artists from around the world since 2021.
The Earring Show, originally hosted as a one-day event, has now adapted and transitioned into a hybrid format, displaying earring submissions both at the CCBC Gallery in Vancouver, BC, and online. An opening event will be hosted in person and virtually on May 4, 2023, where winners in each category will be announced.
The Craft Council of BC invites artists around the globe to submit their work to one of the three categories in The Earring Show: One-of-a-Kind, which features unique creations; Limited Edition, which includes a small-scale production of work; and Emerging Artists, for artists who are currently enrolled in a craft-based program or have graduated and started their making career within the last two (2) years. The winner of each category, selected by the jurors, will receive a prize as follows:
- One-Of-A-Kind category: Barbara Cohen Award of $1,500.
- Limited Edition category: a 2-month featured online collection of the winner’s production line.
- Emerging Artist category: The Lacy West Award of up to $500 in supplies.
All awardees are to receive a one-year honorary CCBC membership.
- Application deadline: January 31, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time
- Notification of acceptance: February 15, 2023
- Additional media submissions after acceptance: March 5, 2023
- Work to be delivered no later than: March 31, 2023 at 4 p.m. PT
- Prize jury process: April 8-9, 2023
- Virtual and In-person Opening Event: May 4, 2023